Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Tree Doesn't Reflect Group Selection Criteria 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mychal

Programmer
Feb 13, 2002
US
I'm trying to limit the data in my report by using Group Selection criteria. I notice that the Group Selection criteria is being applied to the report when I preview it, but that the Group Tree does not reflect the Group Selection.

In other words, I'm seeing all of my data source's groups in the Group Tree, though not in pages of the report.

The group selection criteria, of course, is not being passed to the DB in this situation. My questions is this: Like the normal Record Selection criteria, does the way I write the Group Selection criteria influence whether or not it gets passed in the SQL to the data source? Or is Group Selection ONLY handled by the client?

Gracias?

I'm not sure of a direct answer for your question but have you turned on "Perform Grouping on Server"? To do this for a specific report, go to the File menu and select Report Options. Turn on "Use Indexes on Server For Speed" and then "Perform Grouping on Server".

You can also go to the File menu and selection Options. Go to the Database tab and turn on the same two options. This will then cover all reports that you create.

-Dell

I believe group selection always occurs locally. Group selection entails the selection of data from records already returned by the record selection formula.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back