Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group totals

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBChristy

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2002
GB
I am trying to create a grand total based on a group total which has selection criteria against it. Can someone please help me in doing this?

Thanks

KBChristy,

A more detailed explanation is required, maybe with some example data, describing what you need before I can assist you.

ro
Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

You should just be able to right click the detail field you want grand totals and select "insert grand total". The group selection formula will sort out the groups you do not want and return the proper totals. Software Sales, Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Hey Dgillz,

I wasn't quite sure here what he/she meant.

A very early good morning, by the way.

ro Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

Sorry for not being more precise. The problem with creating a sub-total on the field is that it always totals on this field. I have a selection criteria which specifies whether summary or detailed data is required. That's the problem - I need to be able to sub-total on either the detail or the summary (whatever has been selected) but it doesn't seem to work. I seem only to be able to sub-total on one or the other regardless of the selection criteria selected.

kbchristy,

Could you please show some example data? Also, when you say selection criteria, do you mean you have a parameter? Or are you conditionally suppressing information?

Maybe a layout of what you are expecting given each scenario would be helpful,

ro Rosemary Lieberman

You cannot subtotal a summary field. You can only subtotal a detail field.

Please explain what it is you are looking for, as Rosemary suggested. Software Sales, Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Thanks for your help (& confusing you all!) but I have managed to sort it by using manual running totals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back