Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Totals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2003
US
Hi all,
I am using CR 10 with SQL server 2000. My question is regarding adding group totals at the end of the report. I have a group in my report based on State. So when I run the report I could have several groups. Currently I am calculating the number of tickets in the group footer.
Example
NY = 22
PA = 5 etc
Is there a way that I can create a formula/total which will show me the name of all the states and the tickets next to it at the end of the report (report footer)?
Thanks!

You could try a couple of things.

The first being a crosstab in the report footer.

The second being a sub-report. You can just take a copy of the existing report but suppress everything in there apart from the group and the totals, then you can link the subreport in to the main report.

HTH

-Steve

Hi Steve,

I tried your crosstab approach and it seems to be working fine. The only problem is that I had the column headings displayed in the Page Header and now it is being displayed on the Report Footer page as well. How can I suppress it so that it displays everywhere else but not on the report footer?

Thanks for your help.

If the report footer always prints on only one page, then you could conditionally suppress the page header with:

pagenumber = totalpagecount

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back