Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group total in heading 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatEric

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2007
BE
Hi all,

I'm working with CR9 and I have 5 groupings. Factory, Unit, Line, Subline, Usernumber. From those groups I have the sums (for each sum) in the group footer. Those who will have to work with the form have the abbility to select the detail of what they would like to see (Only factory sum, factury sum and unit sum, ...). I did that with suppress on formula's (works fine). But the only thing is that in the footers the order of the details are up side down: so first usernumber totals, beneath subline totals, beneath line totals, ... So I would like to show them in the group heading, so the order is correct.

Is this possible, or is there a manner to do so otherwise?

Thanks in advance, FatEric

If they are inserted summaries, you can just drag them to the group header sections. If they are running totals, then they must stay in the group footers, since the calculations will only be correct there.

-LB

Hi lbass,

They are indeed running totals. But is there no way to transport them to the header or so. The order is a bit important to view.

Thanks in advance.

FatEric

No. The question is whether you really need to be using running totals instead of conditional formulas. How are the running totals set up?

-LB

Also a little more info

I have this:
Factory has one or more Units
Unit has one or more Lines
Line has one or more Sublines
subline has one or more Usernumber

Each usernumber has a certain codes (one for each day). If such a code is a certain value, it has to be counted with the total, else nothing has to be done.

This I do by the following formula:

IF {F0005_6.DRDL01} = "Z"
THEN
TRUE
ELSE
FALSE

And RESET on change of group (usergroup)

Greetz, FatEric

Are you using this formula in the evaluation section of the rt? What field are you summarizing and with what summary?

-LB

I'm summarizing on the field F0005_6.DRDL01 and it does a COUNT (so I does not have to be counted with the total, but it is a count -> I speak Dutch, so sometimes I can't explain things the exact way). I use the formula in the evaluate section (not the reset section). That's the only thing there. And in the reset section only is the reset on group...

FatEric

Okay, try this. First create a formula {@null} by opening and saving a new formula without entering anything. Then create a formula {@Z}:

IF {F0005_6.DRDL01} = "Z" then
{F0005_6.DRDL01} else
{@null}

Place this in the detail section and then insert a count on it at each group level. Verify a match with the running totals.

You can now drag the result into the group header.

-LB

Hi lbass,

When I place that field (@Z) in the detail, it show's me the right values. But when I place it in the group header, it only gives me 0 or 1...

I now have an empty formula (@NULL), a formula (@Z):
IF {F0005_6.DRDL01} = "Z" THEN
{F0005_6.DRDL01} ELSE
{@NULL}

and a Running total field Z_temp with following settings:
Field to summarize: @Z
type of summary: count
evaluate: for each record
reset: on change of group

Did I do something wrong?

FatEric

Yes, you need to place the formula {@Z} in the detail section and then right click on it and insert a count on it. Then drag the count summary into the group header. Do not use any running totals.

-LB

Hi lbass, I'm at home right now, so I can't test it atm. But I will do so tomorrow.

I let you know some more tomorrow.

Cheers, FatEric

Hi lbass,

My again. Thank you very much. The summary fields show the right values in the header of my report. This is something i'm going to remember for certain. Again thank you very much.

Star diserved! (if I could give you more than one star i would)

Thanks, FatEric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back