Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group together does not work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayek

Programmer
Jun 19, 2003
US
On my report I am trying to keep group together. I have the group header, footer and details properties set yes on keep together but it still page breaks in the middle of a group? Why? How can I keep my groups together on same page.

Page breaks in a middle of a group would be caused by groups that are just too large to fit on a single page.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

The groups are not too big. This is a report listing each month and the people on vacation that month. It is grouped by Month and there are usually less than 5 people listed each month. It lists one group after the next but which is what I want but I want it to go to next page if can not fit all group on one same page. I do NOT want to page break after each group, I want it to only page break if can not fit all group on the same page.

I have never had an issue with page breaks in sections where the keep together is set on unless the group is too large to fit on a page. You may need to recreate the report.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back