Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group summary is acting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

haneen97

Programmer
Dec 10, 2002
US
Hi,
I have a group summary that shows some weird numbers. For example the summary should be adding 1+2 = 3, it is showing 3200. Also, the same group summary is working fine the next page, I mean it adds correctly in one group but shows weird numbers in another. Can you please suggest areas where I can troubleshoot?

Thanks

Mo

Do you have any suppressed records? What is the summary you are using? Is it an inserted summary? A running total? Does it use a variable? Please provide more information.

-LB

Yes, I am suppressing some records. I am using the sum summary. The summary is not using a variable. I inserted the standard summary fields on all the groups.

Mo

HI,
I am all set. I made separate running total fields and it worked.

Thanks

Mo

Hi Mo.

Just out of interest, when you were experiencing problems with the summary field, did you have any group selection formulas or top/bottom N stuff in your report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back