Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Sort Top N with N shown 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlmnsbuggy

Technical User
Mar 25, 2002
US
CR 11, oracle,

I have a report was grouped by agent and sorted by Top N production for the group. How can I show rankings (N) in the report, (fist place, 2nd place..)?

Thank you for your help

Ann

If you only have one group, you should be able to go to the field explorer->special field->groupnumber and place that in the group section for rank.

-LB

You should be able to place groupnumber in the group header or footer regardless of how many groups you have.

However if you have a group selection formula, you will need to use variables to calculate the ranking.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Thank lbass and dgillz for your replies. I have two groups in the report. If I place group number in group one, that is where I need it, it shows off orders as 1, 5 , 6 instead of 1 , 2, 3 , I guess that is due to group two in the report. How shall I do?
Thanks again!!

You cannot place the groupnumber field in "group one". It must be in the group header or group footer. If it is there it should show in all groups by default.

Do you have a group selection formula? If so please post it.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Then use a variable instead. Place this in the GH#1 group header or footer:

whileprintingrecords;
numbervar cnt := cnt + 1;
cnt

-LB

Thanks LB for your advice, This works perfect!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back