Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

group shortcut CTL+G moves the page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreerWanda

Vendor
Feb 19, 2010
AU
Hi
I have just installed Design Standard 5.5 and am using Illustrator (have been using since AI7)
I am finding that every time I use the Group shortcut CTL+G (yes I am on PC OS XP Prof)the page and what I am working on jumps to the left - this is seriously annoying as it jolts my work flow and I have to bring it back to where I want it...

Does anyone else experience this?

Does anyone know how to stop this happening?

with thanks

Hi Andrew

thanks for this suggestion - it has half worked???

Seems that if I use the right hand control key (I use a Dvorak keyboard) it sometimes jumps (CTL+F does it too but to the right) especially if I am really fast... must be some issue with my keyboard not that I have experienced it before CS5.5... weird

thanks again
Greer

Hi Greer,

Indeed, does sound like it could well be the keyboard...maybe they have other drivers you can download for it maybe?

...never used on myself, good text might be to try another keyboard see what happens.

andrew

============
============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back