Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Ringing Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

zambini

Vendor
Feb 24, 2002
US
I have a hunt group with ringing set to Group, and a line group pointed to this group.

How can we get successive inbound calls to ring at an extension if they are already on another call? It seems that the behavior of this type of hunt group is that ringing will occur at every other phone in the group except ones that are active on a call. Those sets on active calls never see any other call appearances do anything..

I would assume there is someway to overcome this?

I guess the active extension could put the current call on hold, and use call pickup to get the call heard ringing at another extension.... but this seems ugly..

If you change the no answer time to 1 second on the group this solve the problem.

I don't see the setting you are referring to. Using Manager V2.0. Can you please tell me which screen and tab position this parameter is on?

thanks!

The No Answer Time is on the front tab on the Group. It is the third field down from the name. Yours may be called something different because its a different country local.

I may be reading this wrong, but you can just turn on Call Waiting in the Huntgroup Tab of Manager. This will prompt the user with a call waiting tone when another call is presented to the group.

kflounders is correct. If you turn on call waiting for the hunt group, the user can receive multiple calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back