Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidd

Technical User
Apr 23, 2002
CA
Group policy/ Registry only has:

+ Class Root
+ Machine
+ Users

How can I add HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Sidd

Can you explain this a bit more, please? I don't understand what you are trying to achieve.

I want to add this Key
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor"
as the users login for the first time.

In Group policy under Windows Settings/Security Settings/Registry when I click on Add key under Select Registry key the only option that I have is Class Root, Machine and USers. How can I add something to the Hkey_current_users?

Sorry - I haven't even got Windows Settings/Security Settings/Registry in my Group policy (you are using 2k Pro?) - there's no Registry. Did you import this/create it yourself?

Hey Wolluf,

Thanks for the replies...

Actually this is the correct location where my registy is in my Group policy.
Computer configuration/windows Settings/Security Settings/Registry

To answer to your question we had some contractor that came in and deployed ADS and RIS. Our Network administrator isn't sure on how to answer my question. I'm kind of the to go guy in this office with a technical support background...that's it. My guess is that they've imported a template but what do I know... I've been testing different scenario in my own OU but still can't figure it out. I just ordered a ADS bible and hopefully I'll get some anwsers in there.

Cheers,
Sidd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back