Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

vectorgod

MIS
Dec 30, 2004
US
I'm having trouble with 4 of my servers losing their Group Policy settings for Windows Automatic Updates and it's really getting annoying to reset them every time the server reboots. The only thing they have in common with each other that the other servers (which keep their settings) don't is that they are all part of the same Citrix Farm, and they are the only 4 servers on that particular Farm. Does anybody know if there is a way for the Citrix Metaframe to control Group Policies or Registry Entries. Three of the four also have ZENWorks installed, but I've tried to set the Group Policies with that to no avail. Before I did that, ZENWorks wasn't even set to control the Computer Configuration. Which leaves me convinced that Citrix must be running the show.

I have never come across a situation where Citrix has any significant effects on GPs.

I would be tempted to look elsewhere.

Mike

Remember - There is always another way..........

[yinyang]

Would Citrix have any significant affect on the Registry?
I have discovered that what is actually happening is that the registry key with those policy settings gets deleted every time the server reboots.

Check in the following path for keys that may be affecting this:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WIndows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Install

Mike

Remember - There is always another way..........

[yinyang]

Turns out that the settings were being applied by ZENWorks in the registry, it just didn't show that in the Group Policy Editor. But that still doesn't help me with the server that doesn't have ZENWorks installed.

The solution that I'm going to try is to run a registry script at system startup. I'll find out if that worked tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back