Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group policy sync and location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skibs

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2000
GB
I have thre dc's on a win 2003 server network. When i access group policy from any machine it displays the one from a particular server. If that server is offline i have all kind of problems.

Shoul dthe GP replicate across all of the servers and store locally, or do i need to add a policy on each server?

cheers

pete taylor

It should automatically replicate. it doesnt matter which DC you look at the GP should be applyed to the whatever OU

Thanks...I thought as much
I have servers , say 1,2 and 3, 1 and 2 are mixed mode win 2000 and 3 is server 2003 with AD group catalogue.

The policy was created when only servers 1 and 2 existed.
In the GP console the screen lists the default policy, which is the only one I have set up. It says it is listed on server 2. when server 2 is offline the group policy isnt working. Obviously io want it to run from any server. Any ideas?

cheers

pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back