Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policy Settings not being applied to all users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 1999
MT
Hi all

We currently have a W2K3 domain group policy for common desktop settings and one of these settings is to disable the Windows Automatic Updates. However I have noted that certain workstations are not having this setting applied. They are having the other settings applied but this setting for some unknown reason is not being applied. Checking the Security Center I see the Automatic Updates set to Automatic instead of Turn Off Automatic Updates. On other occassions I have also seen none of the options enabled.

Has anyone enocuntered this problem before and what could be causing such a problem?

Thanks

You're applying policy to computers? Thise are in the correct container of course? Have you ran gpresult? Have you tried policy modelling from GPMC or better Group Policy Results wizard that connects to machine and returns the actual resultant policy in logging mode? Maybe you've inheritance blocking on these machines? Have you tried running gpupdate with the /force switch? If yes, it returns that settings were filtered? What gives you environmental logging with Userenv.log ( Maybe you've enabled loopback mode and computer policies are applying to user? Check also if some inconsistency exists between policies using gpotool. Check connection to DNS and access to SYSVOL folder to make sure that's replication goes as it should. Usually I prefer to do this point trouble shooting with remote management component from Scriptlogic's Desktop Authority ( I connect to remote machine and trouble shoot live. I examine what happens by watching it with my own eyes and then I can fix something and apply GPO refresh remotely to enable changes and see how the fix changed the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back