Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policy - right click

Status
Not open for further replies.

LindsayeCroft

Technical User
Jun 10, 2003
GB
I have created a group policy and somehow disabled right click on the desktop and internet explorer. I am not bothered about the desktop but I do need to allow users to right click in internet explorer, to copy pictures etc. I have looked through the group policy which i have created and can't find anywhere where i appear to have disabled right click.

I hope i have explained myself properly, any help would be very much appreciated.

Thankyou

Lindsay

Try in Administrative Templates/Internet Explorer/Browser Menus, "Disable Context Menu" is the setting to control users ability to right-click in Internet explorer. Similarly in Windows Explorer, the setting "Disable Windows Explorer's default context" menu I think is what you need to look at.

LindsayeCroft,

Where did you find the option to disable right click? I am looking for it and can't seem to find it.

DonVan was right, just do the opposite to what he told me. You would think it would be more obviouse like "disable right click" !!!

Lindsay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back