Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policy Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

seerockcity

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2006
US
In only one OU the I have created I would like to setup the client computers to only be open to open 1, maybe 2 applications from the desktop and start menu. Is there a way to do this using Group Policy? Any tips or tricks that you guys know would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!!

There is a group policy setting that allows you to specify allowed programs, there is also one for deny programs. When you use the allow one, all other programs are denied.

This is a user setting, so you will need to use the Loopback option to force the GPO settings down to any users using computers from the OU in question.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

Thank you very much for the information. I have looked and looked at the GP setting and cannot find this. Do you happen to know where these settings are located. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back