Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policy Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

naifyboy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2004
EU
Hi

I have configured GPOs using User Configuration and these are getting applied successfully. However, I can not seem to get the Computer Configuration to work.

I have applied to GPO to the Domain Users group and run Resultant Set of Policies. The changed settings do not show there and are also not applied. When I go back to GPO Editor I can clearly see them the changes there but still they are not applied.

The policy is at domain level and the computers are in their own OU. So I would have thought the policy should be applied. As I say the User settings are fine - it's just the Computer Settings which are not.

Am I missing something please guys?

thanks for that - much apprecitated - i have done this in MErge mode and then run gpudate /force - still the same....
hown long should this take to work after running gpudate?

thanks again

Have you tried rebooting the computers? Some computer settings require a reboot.

I don't think loopback processing will work in this situation as it affects users settings not computer settings. Try setting the policy at the OU level where the computers reside and if this doesn't work then enforce it on the OU, also as Nick suggests a reeboot won't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back