Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group policy not applied

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccoubreyp

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2001
GB
Hi.

Hope someone can help. I have posted this here as my question is about group policies. Here the situation.

I have installed a Citrix solution. I have published a desktop to the users that I want to control by group polic. This works fine if I apply the policy to an OU within which the user resides. But I want to apply the policy to the OU that the Citrix serves are in. This is necessary as users are being put into OUs based on their geographical location and as they can't be in two places at once I cannot also put them into the OU that breaks them up into function.

Has anyone got any ideas as to why it works when in one OU but not when in the OU I need them to be in?

Thanks in advance

P

Now I am not sure of this and I was wondering sort of the same thing as you. But as I understood it. It's possible to create a new group under the OU your Citrix servers are in and put the Citrix users in that group and then be able to apply that policy to your Citrix OU rather than the users home OU. I've not yet confirmed that you can do that but it is something I planned on doing. Maybe someone can confirm or deny for us both. Wasn't trying to hijack your post but was looking for similar info. Hope it isn't a bother.

Thanks,

Aaron

Can you not apply the GPO to the citrix servers OU, but only give "apply group policy" rights to a group eg citrix users containing the relevant user accounts ?

Thanks Guys.

I sorted this a couple of minutes after leaving this post. didn't expect as fast a response.

Basically what I did was to create an OU under a OU called Citrix. I created one for the users and one for the servers. I then created groups into which the users would belong to and placed them in the Users OU. I then created the GPOs and applied them to the required groups.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back