Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group policy mapping drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpatrick

Technical User
May 16, 2001
US
I am trying to map a drive using Group Policies. It is somewhat successful for my windows 2000 clients but not so well with my 95-98 clients. 95-98 only want to map the whole home directory instead of the individual folders for the user. I am running 2000 server.

Thanks for the answer as I am sure this is a easy one.... the group I work with seem to think their forums are better then tek-tips.....

Jay

Might want to try mapping the drive via a script set in group policy. May work better for ya.

Group Policy are not supported by Win95 and Win98 as far as I know.
Lars

thanks for the 2 responses... we had already tried the scripting but were unable to locate the "correct" scripting and as we found after days of looking larsjuhl is right... 95-98 does not support the nested folders to be mapped thru a policy you must indivdually touch each home folder to share it to make it available to the user.

thanks

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back