Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group policy loopback process

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCDugas

MIS
Dec 26, 2001
US
I've tried to create a policy for three servers that applies the user objects as well as the computer objects using the lookback process policy. This isn't working at all! Has anyone used it and been successfull?

Jeremy

Yes - we use it on all our policies and have no problems with it. What's the problem you're having and what are you trying to do?

All you have to do is create your policy on the OU that stores your computers such as:

You have a group of 5 machines in a department that you want to apply policies to. Move those machines to an OU under your department container then create a user-based GPO on it such as login scripts and whatnot. Enable group policy loopback processing mode and the policies will only be applied to the users when they log into one of those 5 machines.

HTH!

--James

Thanks for your quick response James!

I actually found a solution in another forum. I had to add the following registry DWORD to all three servers in order for the user configuration settings to "stick".

HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\UserPolicyMode=1

Works like a charm now!

Thanks again! Jeremy

Great!

I didn't know there was a key to do that. I'll make sure to put that in my information log!

--James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back