Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policy for Security Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheel

Technical User
Mar 9, 2001
I made some changes in group policy to hide security tab for 2k professional users adding a registry string. After the effect even for Administrator Security Tab dissapeared on server. At the moment I deleted the Registry String in policy but still the security Tab not restored. Please advise..

I refered JSIINC to hide Security Tab...

Thank you,

You must first deactivate the setting in Gorup Policy.

Policies usually have three settings Enabled, Disabled and Not Configured.

If you enable something and later delete the policy or set it to not configured, it remains in affect on the PC.

To reverse the setting you need to choose disabled.

Once you have your system fixed, you can safely reapply this but first add not to apply the policy to Domain Admins and Enterprise Admins. This is configured on the security tab of the GPO.

To get to the security tab click Properties in the GPO list, then click Security. The last setting in the list os to allow or deny application of the policy.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks for your reply.. The security Tab still hidden, I am unable to change security setting for folders on network including Administrator- access. I even Disabled the old group policy, created a new one but still didnt' work.

What about that registry setting you removed. What did you take out?

Regards,

Mark

The registry string CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{1F2E5C40-9550-11CE-99D2-00AA006E086C}. I removed of the REGISTER Group policy.

Here is the article which i refered to remove the tab

Since I made some changes, even the administrator has no security Tab to change permissions on Fileserver Folders. Please advise..

The registry string CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{1F2E5C40-9550-11CE-99D2-00AA006E086C}. I removed of the REGISTER Group policy.

Here is the article which i refered to remove the tab

Since I made some changes, even the administrator has no security Tab to change permissions on Fileserver Folders. I only wanted to remove for only 2k or XP Professional Domain users because they were able to make security changes to the mapped drives, since I did that it even effected the administrator too.
Please advise..

I'd put back the registry key, then refresh the policy on the box so it will hopefully undo the change.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back