Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

group policy automatic installation deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnassih

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2005
SE
Hi,

I just receive the MS Project installation CD, I do not now how to create (or find if there is in the cd) the MSI file that I can use to deploye this application for users using the Group Policy tool.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi,

I fill all parameters in Office Customization Tool. In the document ( they said :
"1. Accept the end-user license agreement and click Install."

I can not find install botton. when I saved this setting I had a MSP file.

Can you please help ?.

I can not see what can I do after. how can I generate the MSI installation file in the share network point ?

Ok from what i can gather you put the .msp file in the install folder on the server.

Using the OCT, you customize Office and save your customizations in a Setup customization file (MSP file). You place the file in the Updates folder on the network installation point. When you install Office, Setup looks for a Setup customization file in the Updates folder and applies the customizations. If you do not put the customization file in the Updates folder, you can use the Setup command-line option /adminfile to specify the fully-qualified path to the file; for example, setup.exe /adminfile \\server\share\mychanges\custom.msp.

Ok as far as i can tell the new process is:

1. Copy the CD contents to a share on your server

2. Then place the .msp file in the Updates folder, then setup picks up the .msp from there.

Sorry i still don't think you can use group policy to deploy that without creating a Config.xml.

Limited ability to customize features or user settings before installation of the 2007 Office release. Administrators cannot use a Setup customization file (.MSP) created with the Office Customization Tool (OCT) to apply customizations for initial deployment. These customizations must be made in the Config.xml file.

CREATING a config.xml file

You find it in the \Office\Enterprise.WW folder along with the EnterpriseWW.msi file that is used for deployment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back