Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policy - Active Desktop Wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigelapt

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2001
GB
I have set C:\windows\web\wallpaper\windows xp.jpg as the Active Desktop Wallpaper.
On most machines this setting has been applied, but on a few machines the wallpaper remains the same as what the user specified.
I cannot see why this is not changing as all other policy settings are being applied.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks
Nigel

First, are the machines in the OU or domain that the group policy is specified in? Second, have the machines been rebooted/had gpupdate /force applied? Third, have you run rsop.msc to see what policies are being applied? Fourth, have you prohibited changes? Lastly, have you looked to see if these users that are on the computers local admins of those computers.

Hi Tfg
Many thanks for your reply.
I had tried your first 3 suggestions, but did not check the 4th. I found the solution last night. Within the GP settings: User Configuration|Admin Templates|Windows Components|Windows Explorer, I had enabled "Classic Shell"
This affects the desktop by disabling Active Desktop. I disabled this setting and the Active Desktop changes kicked in.
Cheers
Nigel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back