Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmacfa

Technical User
Jan 7, 2004
GB
I've been advised to enable the following group policy to cure a problem I've got. The policy is as follows:
Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates / System / Logon. Double-click Always wait for the network at computer startup.
I can't find a policy to match it. Does anyone know if such a policy exists ?

Never heard of it either but it doesn't mean it don't exist!

It's the first time i hear of such a policy. Did you check Tecnet, Windows Help on your machine?

Try typing the exact policy name on google and see what comes out. Who knows? I'll try it on my side and let you know if i hit on something.

Best of luck

Simon

Oh yeah, ther's plenty of hits on Google when you type the exact policy name "Always wait for the network at computer startup" in quotes.

You should find a proper solution on this path,

Good luck

Simon

Thanks Simon. I found info on it vis a Google search. It''s a policy for XP only but now I know it's functionality I'll have a look at W2000 Group Policy and see what I can find that's equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back