Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group pick up on GDK-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geordy55

Technical User
Jun 11, 2009
GB
I have one CO line into the building. I have a LKD30D on Station 100, a 2 off LKD-8S on Station 101 and 104.

Incoming calls ring on Station 100 only.

How do I programme it to ring on all 3 stations, and also enable me to pick up the call from any of the stations ?

Also, if I only have one line coming into the system, does that mean I can only make or receive one call at a time ?

You cane use call pick-up, but it is better to multi represent the staion number 100:

MENU-3/xx/7 (xx is the CO line. If you only have one, and it is line 3, then type 33.)

On LKD 30, the following 20 options exists:
1:
1-16, station numbers on each button.

2:
17-20 is hunt groups on each button.

For each button toggle to have time for ringning:
DAY, NAT, ALL or NO.

With 1 CO line, only one call can be received fron the public network at a time.

///doktor

Do I have to set all 20 buttons to this sequence ?

I have done it for stations 101 and 104 ( the two I want to ring) but they are still not ringing when an incoming call arrives.

You need to find out the line you are dialling in/out on.
If this is line=3, the follow my last post.
Remember to save your data changes!
You onlty need to set this data for the numbers, that should ring.
If correctly set, the phones will ring and the first button (with LED) will flash.

///doktor

I followed your instruction, but they do not ring. I will try it again.

Also, is there a way of programming the system/phones so they automatically dial for an outside line ?

I have to dial 9 9 to get an outside line.
Thanks

it doesn't appear to be working. I've set the first 5 flex buttons ( stations 100 - 104 ) to "all ring" as per your instructions, but they are not ringing.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Strange!

I have another idea.
Remove your programming as it may conflict with the next "way of programming" indbound ringinig.
In Menu 11 program a group. Goups are numbered 61+62+63+64.
Choose 61. First "LED key" to the right is the group 61.
Then press the first "LED key" to the right to choose the type of group. Choose DTMF 5 (5 on th dial pad)to indicate that you will use a ring group (all phones will ring simultaneously).
Then press the second "LED key" to the right to enter the goup members: 100 104 105 106 in numbering order.
Press Hold/save.

Now you can choose from 2 solutions:
AAA:
(The old one from last post, where you use the grous instead of the station number:
MENU-3/xx/7 (xx is the CO line. If you only have one, and it is line 3, then type 33.)

On LKD 30, the following 20 options exists:
1:
1-16, station numbers on each button.

2:
17-20 is hunt groups on each button. (THIS ONE!)

For each button toggle to have time for ringning:
DAY, NAT, ALL or NO.

With 1 CO line, only one call can be received fron the public network at a time.

Or:
BBB:
Go to Menu 4-10.
In this menu there are 6 parameters can be set for any of the 24 MSN / DDI numbers if you are using ISDN (or analog PSTN lines )that the PBX can handle.
The 6 parameters are "1" = CO line number (1-6), "2"=DAY, 3 = N/A, 4 = NIGHT, 5 = N/A, 6 = The real DDI number to the local machine, only ISDN.
Parameters 3 and 5 are not used.
You are going to use parameter 1, 2 and 4.

So as the "1" enter the CO line number, e.g. 3.

Then press the first (to the sixt) "LED key" to the right to enter the parameter number (1-6), and use the dial pad number to enter the digits.

So as the "2" enter the group number, e.g. 61.
So as the "3" enter the group number, e.g. 61.
Now we hope for your success...

///doktor

Just one questions before I follow your instructions. When you say "remove the programming" do you mean do a reset on the main board of the GDK-16 ?

No, just set the ringing to OFF in Menu MENU-3/xx/7 ...

///doktor

Ok, well I followed the instructions and I have managed to get station 100 and 104 ringing together.

However my 3rd line I cannot get to ring. It was on Station 101, and I have tried it on station 105 also to see if there was a difference. I have also tried a different phone.

Any suggestions as to why station 101/105 will not ring ?

Try this:
Re-enter the goup members: 100 101 104 105 106 in numbering order.

///doktor

Ok, well I have tried what you suggest, and I've tried all variations of the station numbers including changing around the DTK connections on the motherboard and the DTIB card.

I still can only get 2 phones to ring though !

Is there a way I can put everything back to factory default and start again ?

I must admit I do not quite understand what you mentioned in your option BBB.

Thanks

I can understand you. Our engineers get a one week technical course to program this system...

The quick and dirty method to set the system to default:

Set SW3 to OFF and SW7,btn 1 to OFF. Then power OFF.
Set SW3 to ON and SW7,btn 1 to ON. Them power on and restart.
Do the init in menu 1, where you press Hold/save for each of the 12 menues (First 12 LED keys).
Then re-program ALL what you have learned in this forum.
Now (I think) MENU-3/xx/7 also will work.
Try it and let me know about your success.
(We have several thousands of these system running, so your sysetm will also work!)

///doktor

Try the Menu 4, submenu 10, as described.
It takes some trila and error, but works fine when you have "seen the light".

///doktor

woo hoo ...

I have sorted it.

The problem was my line out is on Line 4, not line 3 ( even though I only have one line into the unit) once I programmed it for Line 4 then the menu-3/xx/7 worked

Thank you for your help. I may need it again !

One last question ( for the moment)

I am trying to set up the system with a voice message for when the phone is not answered. Is this possible ? I've followed the instruction manual for the LDK-30D handset, and it will not let me do it.

Thanks

You will need the DVIB (Digital Voice Interface Board).
Hereafter it is possible to have welcome greeting and a repeating queue announcement.

///doktor

I guessed as much.

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back