Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

group page to an outside office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvee

Programmer
Aug 1, 2000
US
We have multiple connected offices.

I would like to have one of the offices (primary) answer the phones for a different office (secondary) for a couple of hours each day. But I would still like the primary office to be able to page the secondary office if they need to announce a call.

I can only put local extensions into a group page.

Does anyone know of a work around?

Thanks!
-Megan

P.S. It's a Merlin Magix system. :)

Is this a networked Merlin system? If it is, your only option is to install a voicegrade circuit between the sites for paging. If it is not could you please elaborate.

You can't use the group page feature across a networked system(799)but.....what we have done already was take two UPAM's(universal paging access module) and set up two analog ext for overhead page. This was, when you would call Ext.XXX it would page at the remote end. The Upam would go between the analog ext and the paging amp. I don't know if you could do this yourself, but it can be done.

jinxs -
Thanks. It sounds possible, but how do I get a Upam and where do I install it?
-Megan

phoneguysfault -
Primary = Issaquah Office - extensions 1xx
Secondary = Seattle Office - extensions 2xx

There is a T1 connecting the 2 offices. Seattle is on a Merlin Legend, Issaquah is on a Merlin Magix. I want to set up a group page in Issaquah that pages 10 of the 2xx extensions.

Was that even more confusing?
Sorry.
Thanks again.
-Megan

A UPAM is a "Universal Paging Access Module" made by Bogen for Avaya. You can also look for a "Page-Pal" or a Valcom "Centrex Paging Adapter". The theory behind any one of these is for them to be hooked to a single-line port, you call the port's extension number from the other switch, it answers and connects you to the input of the paging amplifier. Connection instructions come with the units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back