Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group not stopping 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedro84

Technical User
Mar 27, 2006
GB
I have a Group that won't end, when you view the details of the job it says 100% complete but you never get the green checkbox to say its complete.

When I try and stop the group manually I get an error

Groups must be started wither automatically or from the GUI and must be currently running in order to be stopped

The group contains SQL and Lotus Notes Clients

I have tried recreating the group but I still get the same thing.

I am currently using a process of elimination to see if a particular client is causing the issue but I have not found it yet!

Any Ideas?

Of course nobody could tell you without further info why the group does not end. Please check whether the server is just waiting for another media to be mounted to perform the final steps (index and bootstrap backups or automatic clones).

Let me also suggest that you check the daemon.log/daemon.raw file for details.

You may of course abort the group just by killing the savegrp command (pskill or taskmgr).

There are savegrp patches available for this issue from support, depending of course which version you are running. The patch worked for me.

Try "savegrp -pvvvn -G groupname" from the command line.

This will run a preview of the group, after which your group should appear completed.

Hi Pedro,

If you are starting the group from the command line you wont be able to stop it manually, you will normally get the error by trying to stop the group from the gui.. also try to check on your client if there arent any uncontrolled sql processes in yout task manager..

There are no pending requests for media or anything. the SQL data and Indexs' are backed up successfully.

If I restart the Networker services the group appears to have finished successfully without any trouble.

I am using Legato 7.3 SP3 and module 5.1 sp1

It is nothing to do with the module as I said previously there is a bug with savegrp that prevents the group from completing cleanly, even though there is nothing else to backup and it requires a patched version, patch LGTsc07813

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back