Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Header Not Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamartin

Programmer
Aug 10, 2001
US
I have a CR 8.0 report that contains a Group Header and Footer section. If the number of detail lines printed fill the page leaving no room to print the group footer on the first page, it moves to the second page to print the group footer. Good, except it does not print the Group Header on the second page. I have suppressed the Report Header, Page Header, Report Footer and Page Footer sections as nothing is being printed in these. Any ideas on how to get the Group Header to print on the second page.

Thank you,

Michael Martin

if you right click on the group header you want to repeat and do a "change group" you will see a repeat header on each page box - check that box and re-run

Yes, I already have that option selected. The group header will print on the second page, provided there is at least 1 detail line for the second page. The group header doesn't print on the second page only in cases where there is only enough detail to completely fill the first page (13 lines of detail fit on one page).

You could just copy the group header information into the top of your group footer as a heading. This would appear like a group header for pages where there is no detail, and when there is detail, it nicely sets off the summary information in the group footer.

-LB

hmmmm...crystal doesn't consider the footer to be on a new page when it splits like that to a new page...that is your problem.

Another way of instituting lbass's suggestion is to have the first subsection of the Group Footer as a mirror of the information in the Group header with a conditional suppress on it.

In the detail section place a suppressed formula

@LogPageNum
WhilePrintingRecords;
numbervar pageNo := Pagenumber;

Then in the conditional suppress of the Group footer a
place this formula

WhilePrintingRecords;
numbervar pageNo ;
PageNumber = pageNo;

This will suppress the footer if it is on the same page as the details...hopefully :)

Jim Broadbent

Jim,

I would like to implement your fix, but have a couple of questions since I don't understand everything fully. I currently have a group header, detail and group footer sections (RH, PH, RF and PF are all suppressed). You mention "subsection of the Group Footer", are you saying I should create a GF #1b section? When you reference "detail section" for the suppressed formula, where exactly do you mean? With your suggested solution, how many sections will I need? Thanks for your time.

Michael

On rereading my post....I don't think my approach will work....the problem is that Crystal thinks it is still on page 1 when the footer has split to Page 2....my conditional suppress should not work properly.

Jim Broadbent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back