Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group header not printing on last page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrye

MIS
Nov 6, 2002
US
I have been working on an Invoice report that I have working up to a point. This last little bit is keeping me from releasing it.

I am using MS SQL Report Builder 3 to create the report. The data is laid out using a Table with 2 Groups (Customer and Invoice).

I have reviewed multiple forums and found what to turn on to keep the group together (header and footer) and how to repeat information on a new page but nowhere have I found the issue that I am running into.

I have 4 rows in the header and 6 rows in the footer for the group labeled as InvoiceNum. Each header row contains address and invoice information and the footer rows contain calculated totals from the detail data. I have each row in the header set to KeepTogether, KeepWithGrouup After, and RepeatOnNewPage and each row in the footer to KeepTogether and KeepWithGroup Before.

The report prints correctly unless the group footer is split between pages. If this happens then the only information that prints on the last page is the Page Header and the remaining rows from the footer. The problem is that the group header is not printing and the report prints on preprinted paper so the header must print on every page.

Any ideas as to what I can do to make the group header print on the last page when there is no detail printing on the page?

Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem and we are not alone. It appears to be yet another bug in this reporting system. What seems to trigger the problem in most cases is when we delete an unneeded column, but it may not be true in all cases.

Sorry, the only workaround to this seems to be, instead of deleting columns, hide them instead. Yes, I know, its not a really good workaround.

Gary
gwinn7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back