Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group header/footer on seperate pages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zemp

Programmer
Jan 27, 2002
CA
CR XI Pro

I have a report that has the ability to print a range if invoices. Group header 1 controls the invoices and starts each new invoice on a seperate page.

Now I have had to add some information (in can grow subreports) to the group footer 1. The report gathers the information properly. However when all the details fit on one page but the footers require a second page I cannot get the group header to reprint on the second page. If the details spill onto page two then all is well.

How can I force the group header to print on the second page if it is only the group footer that prints on page two?

zemp

I cannot get the group header to reprint on the second page."

Have you tried right clicking the group and selecting change group->options->Repeat Group Header on Each Page?

-k

Yes I have, to no avail. That switch seems to work if the details require two pages but not if it only the footer on page two.

zemp

Group headers don't repeat on pages where on the group footer is displayed. I think you could add the group header fields to a page header section. Then create these formulas:

//{@false} to be placed in the report header:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag := false;

//{@true} to be placed in the group footer:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag := true;

Then in the section expert format the page header section containing the group header fields->suppress->x+2:

whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag;
flag = false //note no colon

-LB

That worked great with one exception.

The false part ({@false}) had to be placed in the Group Header and not in the report header. In the report header it would work with one group 1, but when multiple group 1's (range of invoices) occured then I need to place it in the group header. Basically to reset it each time the group 1 occured.

Thanks LB.

zemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back