Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group/collective ring clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronromano

Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
US
As I recall in earier versions, 2.1,3.0,3.1; you could put a single user in a group and set it for group ring with call waiting on and a second call would ring the user. It seem in 3.2.54, this is not the case and I think this is also true for 4.0

The situation is this: I have a client who has an operator group set up with 4 users in the group. Three of the users have hunt group enable buttons to log them into the group. The regular operator is always logged in and doesn't have a button. When the operator is away from the desk, one of the other logs into the group and takes the calls. The call will ring in both places no problem.

When the receptionist is on a call and no one else is logged in, the second call goes to vm, even though it is set to group ring with call waiting on?

I'm sure one of you out there has an explanation.

Thanks

Did you also put call waiting on on the user tab else it won,t work.

greets peter

The phone applications can sometimes turn off the call waiting. You can set user rights to keep call waiting on.

aarenot, so soft console can turn off call waiting by itself? It doesn't appear that a user can turn it off in soft console the way you can in phone manager.

I see above it states call waiting for the user, but you also would need to set call waiting for the hunt group itsef, othereise with no users availble the call flows to VM.

Once the Call Waiting is on you can adjust the No Answer Time to allow the group time to answer the call in call waiting.

Tace Care,

Tekcetera Support

I have it set to call waiting on on the group. Read my first post again.

I have seen soft console turn it off on any user you login with. If the call waiting on the user is off then the goup will not funtion as well.

I have had issue with softconsole, and call waiting as well as with phone manager. My solution was to enforce user rights to keep call waiting on. With softconsole I am not sure I would say the users were turning call waiting off, but there seem to be issue with it remaining on, regardless of why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back