Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group calling button

Status
Not open for further replies.

tybeedogg

Vendor
Oct 19, 2004
US
I have created a group calling button on an MLX 20. It will not work unless I use the voice call button with it. I have reprogrammed the whole station a few times. The same button works on the other stations. Any suggestions?

Are you saying you have a *22 to a group, and it only works if you use SA Voice?

Please clarify.....

It could be an issue with your AUTO LINE SELECT.

Yes, it is a *22 to 770. It will only work if you press SA Voice or SA Ring first. I don't have this problem with the other stations, just extension 10. I also cannet get the system to play the night greeting when the night service button is pressed, but it will pick up the call immediately in night mode.

The selection of night greeting or day greeting is a function of the voice mail. Set the VMS (assuming Merlin Mail) to follow the "switch" mode, and the night greeting will play when you press the night service button. Alternatively, you can set the VMS to follow the weekly business schedule (once you define one), and the night greting will play during the "closed" times and the day will play during the "open" times.

Pepperz@newper.net

The VMS is in "switch" mode but I could only get the night greeting to play if I set the system in both "switch" mode and business schedule, and then set the open times for the business schedule.

Is the NS set with the VMS calling group in hte night service selections?

Pepperz@newper.net

Yes, group 770 is in the night service calling group. I have no problem with AA picking up the call on the first ring when night service is on. The problem is having the night greeting answer when the system is in "switch" mode and no business schedule is set. The customer wants the night greeting to come on when the night service is set. It was working when I first set up the system but because of some other issues we were having, I have to re-initialize the system and start over with the programming.

Determine how many direct line operator positions are programmed in the system. In my experience, if more than one Direct Line operator exists, only a programmed night service button on the highest logical port number console will switch the message used to the night mode.

There are two programmed in the system. The other is not able to make the switch either. Pressing the night service button will cause the system to answer the calls after one ring but will not play the night message. The other problem is the group calling button on ext. 10. It will not ring out to voice mail unless you first use the Sa voice or SA ring button.

Silly q, BUT, is the Day greeting perhaps set as the nigtht greeting? If the switch sends calls to VMS, then the VMS should be playing the night greeting if the VMS is set to follow the switch mode. You're saying thngs work if the business wschedule is used. It really sounds like the VMS has the Day greeting and Night greetings switched. Techeck the Day greeting, and the Night greeting,and see if they are in the right places.

Pepperz@newper.net

They are not switched... I have already looked at that.

I would make sure there are no other DLC extensions programmed (with or without telephones attached) I replicated the problem with my system (Magix 3.0 w/MerMess 2.0) Pressing the night svc button on the extension on Logical port 1 will switch rings to answer, as will the phone on Logical port 5 of a 408gs/ls-id card, however only the secondary extension will activate the night greetings on the voice mail system. ... If I remove the additional ports from programming as DLC's and QQC's then the one remaining station works as expected, if more than one DLC exist, the night message seems to tie to the highest numbered extension. I even did a renumber to "swap" extension #'s to see if the extension switching the announcement would stay with the logical port or follow the extension #, it followed the higher numbered extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back