Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneFreak89

Technical User
Jul 13, 2018
US
I have the message "Group Call Line 003" on a couple of my NEC DT300 displays. The same phones are also beeping. We are using an sv8100 system. I'm very new to this and thought someone may have activated internal paging. Is this correct? Also, how do I remove the message from the phone and stop the beeping? Thank you.

Are there any LEDs on or flashing? Line keys? Large LED? What is the beeping interval?
What happens when you lift the handset? Does it answer the group call?

The message is gone and the beeping has stopped. I was told it only lasted about ten minutes. I wasn't at the stations while this was occurring. I know that when the handset was lifted from one of these phones, the beeping continued and the message on the display stayed, but the person was still able to call me and report the issue. I could hear the beeping in the background and it sounded like the 911 alarms on the phone - it had the same tone. Regarding the LEDs, I don't have an answer for that and the caller couldn't remember.

Well, I cannot find anywhere what "Group Call" means. I checked the phone references and system references. Can't find it anywhere. I guess this was a unique occurrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back