Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group by Formula Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric333

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2007
US
Good morning,

I have a table that has a column where street addresses are stored. Through a series of formulas, I display that address in a report in a specific format. For example, information such as the apartment number is excluded. The formulas work perfectly. But, I want to group the formatted field so that I can identify all of the records at a each building. Unfortunately, the group is basing on the original address field, not the formatted address field, despite grouping by the formatted address field. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Can you show the formula?

Also what is your current grouping arrangement.

Ie what is Grp1 etc and where is your formula based group.

Ian

Thanks for the responses. After more carefully looking at what's happening, it turns out one of the formulas is leaving an extra space at the end of some of the addresses and therefore causing Crystal to see the address differenly than the others. I'll work on clearing that extra space from the formula.

Hi eric333

If you wrap your formula(s) in the RTrim function, any trailing spaces will be removed.

Cheers
Pete

Thanks Pete! I'll see if I can get that to work - that's not a function I've used before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back