Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Address List Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiesblue

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2002
US
Hi, I have Lotus Notes running on over 300 machines. I have one address list(group) in our main address book. Everyone can send email using that group and it shows up as the group name in the to line. I have one user who is having trouble with this address group. She sends email to the group but all the names show up in the to line and then it doesn't send it to the whole group, it stops at her name. Is that a problem with the group or with her database? I was thinking about deleting her completely and starting over but I just want to see if anyone else have had that problem.

Thanks
Kathy

I've seen this before. When I came across this, the problem was caused by a copy of the group in the users local address book. That is why the group is expanded into all its members. I suggest that you ask the user to delete this group from their address book.

Hope that helps

Dominic O'Sullivan

Thanks for the reply. I've checked and the user does not have a copy of the group in their personal address book. She's using the one in the main address book. I don't know what it could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok I figured it out so I thought I'd post this just in case someone else had this same problem. She had apparently created a group listing named the same as the one in the main address book. So whenever she was sending email to that group (by choosing it from the main address book), the group that was in her personal address book was over writing the main group listing. I deleted the group in her personal address book and now the main group works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back