Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gross Profit Journal Report - Mas 200 SO 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMigrane

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2008
US
When running the Daily Sales Reports/Updates in Sales Order I am asked if I want to pring the Gross Profit Journal. I click yes, but it doesnt print. It also does not print the Daily Recap Reports. I do get the Daily Sales Order Journal and the Daily Transaction Register. I looked under SO-Setup-SO Options and the box is checked to "Print Gross Profit Journals". Searched Google, Mas KB (which sux imo!)but have not come up with the solution. I am new to the industry and work at a small company that doesnt seem to value training classes or spending money for support. You are my last hope! (BTW - others in the company can run the update and print the report - so it is somehow tied to my user account, maybe? Thanks in advance!

1. Check your Role permissions.
2. Since you are on 4.20 this probably means you are current on maintenance which means you should join Sage Talk through the Sage Support web page. You will get a lot more responses there.

I checked My role permissions. I am admin for this company and all tasks, security events, module options, and ODBC Security options are fully checked for this admin role. Thanks for the info on Sage Talk. I will use it for my next issue. Not sure if I should repost this there.

It could be that the report file is damaged. Can you open it through Crystal?

Also go into SO options, uncheck the box, Accept, then go back in and check it and accept.

Dawn

Tried this today before running Daily Sales Reports/Updates in Sales Order - Main. Still no luck.
I do get the "Printing Page 1" box for the Gross Profit Journal, but it never spits it out. I dont even get a box for the Daily Recap Reports. Daily Sales Order Journal and Daily Transaction Register open in .pdf form and I can print/save. Hopefully someone will have the needle I am looking for! Thanks for your suggestions, I would be glad to try anymore you may have.

Go Vote!

But can the gross profit journal open in Crystal if you open it from the Reports folder?

Dawn

Yes, I can open the report in Crystal and get the data with F5! Sorry, I wasn't quite sure in your first suggestion where to go to find the report and once the first attempt didn't work, I forgot about this other step. Thanks for not giving up on me and giving me the clue where to find it!

You actually should not be able to run the report as it is based on a work table. Perhaps that is the issue?

Dawn

I can pull all zeros (as the report has already been run and a new work table has not been populated). So if that is the issue, how can I go about troubleshooting/fixing it? I would like to remind you that I have about 2 whole months working with MAS. I am not well aquainted with it's structure, data tables, procedure calls. Your suggestions are very much appreciated, but more detailed information would be very helpful. I realize the same could be said for my responses.

Thanks to both dfeller and BigLouie. See you at the Sage Community as I see you are both active there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back