Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grind.exe malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2015
US
AlohaTechs this one's got me puzzled.

Manager calls me at midnight, says current day's sales won't grind. I login see that grind.exe has 11 instanses. Kill them all, spend about 1 hour trying to find a reason for the grind issue. I give up. This morning I check the system suck in waiting for EOD to grind. Kill all TS on all terminals. Done30 exists, Copy GRIND30.dbf.xxx, restart master it comes up correct business date. Try manuel Grind on dated sub still same issue it just sits there. Changed aloha services from aloha account to local system restarted ALOHABOH tried grind again same issue. checked bin checked security on grind.exe added SYSTEM to ownwership list. Same issue. Ran Grind /debug /fixlog both did not work same issue just sits there. Checked eventvwr searched grind.exe not reporting anything for current date aside from taskMGR end process stuff. Checked all debouts, g01,EOD,Egrind, Egrind actually tells me there is no adjustime.dbf it is missing from the dated sub, I copy the one from data but it still does not grind. today's date no sales yet will not generate a report because gind.exe is not working.

I hope someone has an idea because I am all out?

What OS is on the server. If win7 check for service called Interactive service and disable it. Then reboot BOH. I had the same issue for over a week until I saw it was a windows issue and not Aloha.

AlohaRoss

post the debout.svr...I have a feeling there's a missing gnddbf30 in a prior dated sub that is causing it to hang up.

If you don't want to post it then check the debout.svr right after EOD when grind is firing and it will give you what dated subs its attempting to run grind on.

Thanks for the input here, after a pain staking 5 hours. We took a couple shots in the dark and believe it or not .zip files in the TMP folder once removed got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back