Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GridView link question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigernmckracken

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2004
US
Hey Everyone,

I am in the process of creating a file system browser using the gridview control. I have setup a custom datasource that retrieves the contents of the folder/drive selected. My issue comes when trying to link to a file for download purposes. I was trying to use the hyperlinkfield to do to the link but the field appends the website path to the filepath. i.e. "http:/localhost/mysite/C:\file.txt".

Does anyone know a way around this or maybe a different method to achieve the desired result? Any input would be a great help.

Thanks

I am in the process of creating a file system browser
Is this to browse the file system of the web server or the clients machine? Also, please provide an example of your GridView.

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Sorry should have given more background. The file browser is for the webserver. I will post the example shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back