Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

gridlines won't print

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgyboy

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2002
AU
Hi,
I have been through the search pages a bunch of times and havent got a clear cut result to my quesiton so here i am.....
In excel my gridlines show up on screen, the bold ones, the light ones, etc, all formatted nicely. But when i go to print the worksheet the gridlines dont show up??
Within the workbook I have 4 different worksheets the other thrre have printed fine its just this last one that wont print out the girdlines/borders.
Any ideas?
Thansk in advance for you appreciated help.

Ensuer the option to print the gridlines is ticked in page setup - sheet

One of reasons can be the draft mode print setting, when most of graphics is not being printed.
Select the worksheet that does not print borders. In File>Page setup>sheet tab untick draft mode.

combo

Also come across it when the printer doesn't have enough memory to print it with the lines, so it doesn't.

[pc]

Graham

thanks for the ideas guys,
have tried all but still no luck. although at the moment i am getting gridline around the outside of the page but no in the middle of the page.
ill keep fiddling around and see what happens.
thanks again

still no luck
thanks for the idea though.
i am getting grids on parts of my page (mainly thee outside areas) but in the middle i get nothing.
tried filling/nofilling/print guides in page setup, etc.
im lost on this one.
any secret ecxel type gods out there?

Thanks again

You may need to reinstall your printer driver. I have had this problem on occasion when I receive excel graphs/data from overseas (japanese) and I don't have the correct driver to read their character sets. Sounds like a driver problem to me.

thanks for the advice futbuk, but still nothing.
i opened up a new workbook and enteredt in some figures, playing around and printed. Voila! ALL gridlines print - it seems this one workbook i am working on has some werid setting that wont print.
If this make it any easier -
I am drawing up an order form for shoes, so as you would expect there is (across the page) heading under style, availabilty, size (7-14) W/S and RRP prices. Now the grid will print everywhere except in the sizes area (middle of page).
???
Thanks for the help and advice so far.
Oh by the way am using MS Office X on Mac

Is the column set to a white background? This blocks gridlines if set on in places

[pc]

Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back