Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grid with combo box

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahi

Programmer
Aug 23, 2001
GB
Hi!

I need to display data in a grid which when the user tries to edit, should provide the user with the option to select from a list of values in a combo(or maybe a drop down list).

But of course neither the Microsoft FlexGrid nor (to the best of my knowledge)any other Grid shipped with VB provides this option.

i tried to create a combo control at runtime and place it on the grid, but the combo is hidden behind the grid and is not visible tho' it gets created.
any suggestions?

I'd appreciate it if anyone can even suggest custom controls available for free download.

thanks in advance.

i've used a combo box on top of a flexgrid with no problems.

maybe you need to check the z-order of the controls on your form.

from MSDN:
The z-order of objects can be set at design time by choosing the Bring To Front or Send To Back menu command from the Edit menu.

Dear ahi,

I have been using apex true db grid for a very long time and am quite satisfied with it, it has some excellent features whis common grids don't provide and is very easy to use.

u will get a trial version at
Regards
Mahesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back