Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grid Sort Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

celeron895

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
There is a scrolling window on one of the apply screens within Great Plains. Is there a way to change the sort order of this grid?

Transactions --> Sales --> Cash Receipts (then click on Apply)

Instead of sorting by the Document Number, I would like the grid sorted by Due Date.

VBA, Dexterity, a setting somewhere?

I know you can do this in vba. I'm not sure if Advanced Lookups does this or not...I never bother to use that. You might check and see though.

The RM_Cash_Apply window is not a lookup. The scrolling window (Grid) is filled from the RM_OPEN table and has a range selected to only show debit documents for the selected customer. It uses Key 1 or Key 6 for National Accounts.

With 2 Dexterity triggers it would be possible to change this to Key 2 or Key 3 for National Accounts which would show the documents in Due Date order instead of Document Number order.

In short, you will need a Dexterity customisation to do this, there are no settings and this is beyond the capabilities of VBA.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

I recant my stance on dexterity stated in this thread:
Apparently, dex is still needed and the only way to accomplish many tasks.

Where would you put the 2 triggers to accomplish this? Is there an example of this in one of the programmers guides?

MBS has clearly stated that the current generation products will be developed and supported until at least 2013. The current generation of Great Plains is based on Dexterity. Dexterity is still the tool of choice for tight integrations. VBA can only see user interface events and cannot trigger on procedure, function or database events.

If you want to change or add to the functionality of Great Plains you will need to have Dexterity as one of the tools available to you. So far, the only areas that I have found VBA has an advantage on Dex is triggering in reports and being able to change 3rd party product windows.

Dexterity has "at least" nine years of life ahead of it.... and that is a really long time in the IT world.

There are no examples specific to this case in any documentation. Once you know how to work with Dex, you can log the scripts and find the place where the ranges are being set. However, in this case it does help to have access to the source code.

The triggers are needed on the following form procedures:

SetRangeDocTypeForCorpCustByDocNum of form rmOpen
inout rmOpenState Me;
in 'Corporate Customer Number' sCorpCustNum;
in 'RM Document Type-All' nStartDocType;
in 'RM Document Type-All' nEndDocType;

SetRangeDocTypeForCustNumByDocNum of form rmOpen
inout rmOpenState Me;
in 'Customer Number' sCustNum;
in 'RM Document Type-All' nStartDocType;
in 'RM Document Type-All' nEndDocType;

You will need to change the value of Me:Index to the index you are using and set the new range on table(Me:'Table Reference').

Look at the RM_OPENDebitCopy table for the key information.

Does that help?

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back