Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

grid problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickesilaw

Programmer
Jun 24, 2002
CA
I did search keyword grid but couldn't find answer - has to be something I am doing. I have a grid with proper controlsource etc. I then have this code in init of form but grid is blank.

thisform.clienttime.RecordSource=""
thisform.clienttime.RecordSourceType= 0
thisform.clienttime.RecordSource="fesipatch"
thisform.clienttime.column1.ControlSource=fesipatch.patchno
thisform.clienttime.column4.ControlSource=fesipatch.passfail
thisform.clienttime.column4.Text1.ReadOnly=.F.
thisform.clienttime.column4.ReadOnly=.F.
thisform.clienttime.Refresh()
thisform.Refresh()

what is missing?

You show setting the grid's RecordSource to '' and then setting it to 'fesipatch' without rebuilding fesipatch in between. The point of blanking out a RecordSource is to prevent the grid from going blank while you're rebuilding the underlying cursor. I have a feeling you're doing that before you blank out the RecordSource. You need to clear the RecordSource first, then rebuild the cursor, then set the RecordSource back.

-BP (Barbara Peisch)

I am using a table as recordsource as I want to modify one field in that table

I open tbl in load and this code is init so before

Then it's a syntax problem with the code you've posted. On closer inspection I see you don't have quotes around the alias and field name for the column controlsources. That would cause the problem.

-BP (Barbara Peisch)

still no luck - see below

thisform.clienttime.RecordSource=""
SELECT 0
USE fesipatch
SET ORDER TO patchno

thisform.clienttime.RecordSourceType= 0
thisform.clienttime.RecordSource="fesipatch"
thisform.clienttime.column1.ControlSource="fesipatch.patchno"
thisform.clienttime.column4.ControlSource="fesipatch.passfail"
thisform.clienttime.column4.Text1.ReadOnly=.F.
thisform.clienttime.column4.ReadOnly=.F.
thisform.clienttime.Refresh()
thisform.Refresh()

If you're sure there's no typo in your field names, try changing the RecordSourceType to 1 - Alias. I always use that setting, even when I'm using a table.

-BP (Barbara Peisch)

ok tried 1 but still blank - so took out all code, added tbl to environment and bound to grid - now i get grid filled with first record only if recordsource 0 and will all records if 1!

This works but I still prefer to set after form is open. Thanks for all your help.

This works but I still prefer to set after form is open.

And you should be able to. I do this with grids all the time. I'm not sure what's wrong though. At least you have a workaround.

-BP (Barbara Peisch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back