Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grid order problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitorsa

Programmer
Apr 28, 2000
PT
I have a child grid LESSONS related by STUDENT_NO to a parent file STUDENTS. This is one student to many lessons with different dates. How can i've the grid related by STUDENT_NO and ordered by DATA_LESSON? At now the order is by entry.

Thanks in advance

HI
You can set the order of the Lessons table to STudent_no+Data_lesson.

If your grid is picking up data using SQL.. you can order that Table or CURSOR

SELECT * FROM lessons where ;
student_no= parentTable.Student_no ORDER by data_lesson
&& OR Order by student_no+Data_Lesson

Hope this helps. :) ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

I've created the tag NUM_DATE and put it on ChildOrder, but i can't get any data. Should i change the RelationalExpr too. I'm sorry i can't get the idea.

Hi

There is some wrong reading of your posting...

For the child table.. you should have the following index orders.
1. Student_no
2. Student_no+DTOS(Date_lesson) ... assuming this is a date_lesson is a DATE type field.

Now in the forms Data environment... you will having the relationship on Student_no. For this drag the Student_no field from table Students to the index area of child table.

Now get back to form designer. Select the child grid. In the proprty window for 'ChildOrder'property put the Tag name you provided for Student_no+DTOS(date_lesson) TAG.

Save and run the form OR compile and run.

You must be through :)
ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back