Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grid Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashwarj

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2000
US
I have a grid that when the form loads is controled by a actual table, when the user types in fields I have labeld filter and the data is them dumped to a temp cursor and the actual code in the grid doesnt work. Ex. Double click on one field opens a form with that value. when the user clicks in the grid it dumps a value to a text field on the form. I tried to set the click event in the code but it says that its read only

Sounds to me like your record source for your grid might be the temp cursor. Check this in the properties sheet. The cursor would have to be set up with a create cursor command or alternatively in VFP 7 or * as a Select with the parameter READWRITE. Dancing is easy. Now dancing on a floating raft in the middle of an October storm in the middle of the North Atlantic, that is hard.

yeah i have it setting the table to the temp, that works but the grid loses the click events I have in the column

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back