Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grid help?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tristero

Programmer
Jan 24, 2003
US
Is it possible to display only 3 specific fields/columns in a grid with a recordsource dbf that has 10 fields?

Actually, I pretty much assumed that it was... is there a FAQ that demonstrates this? or could someone briefly give an example of how to display only specific fields in a grid?

the best way to do that is using the builder of the grid. I think it is the easiet.

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc
Farmington Hills, Michigan

Hi!
Other possibility is to hide unwanted columns.
-Bart

When you place a grid on a form, the grid has a complete set of properties that allow you to define everything you are asking about. In the Layout tab of the properties sheet, find ColumnCount. Type 3 and press enter. You will see three columns. Then select each Column, and in the Data tab enter the control source. It might be a good idea to place that in the textbox inside the column as well, or whatever control you have inside the column. The grid will now display only the data columns that you have entered. Doing it this way, you can place each data element in whichever column you desire.

Dana

It might be a good idea to place that in the textbox inside the column as well, or whatever control you have inside the column.

No, a grid won't let you do that. When you set the ControlSource for the column, it carries down to the textbox, or whatever control is in the column. That should work fine.

-BP

Thank you all very much... i've got it working now. You all Rock! -dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back