Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Greenbar affect on Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwj1027

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2004
US
Greetings,

I am using CR Ver 10. The report that I am creating suppresses the detail and only lists out groups for the information. I am trying to put a green bar effect on the report with the following set in section expert using the color tab:

if remainder(groupnumber,2) = 0 then
crsilver
else
crwhite

The effect is not quite what I have in mind (alternating silver and white).

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

KJ

Your syntax is correct (I usually use If remainder (groupnumber,2) <> 0 then cryellow else nocolor) but does not always work when there is more than one group. If there is a group at a "higher level" than this group you will not always get the desired effect.

Thanks RobbieB, given that I am looking for this on Group4 that would explain why it is not working.

Appreciate the response and information.

Regards

Also, do you have it in the header or the footer? If you have your summaries in the footer move hem all to the header and try formatting that section.

Try using a variable instead of groupnumber:

whileprintingrecords;
numbervar cnt := cnt + 1;

Place this in all visible group sections (this assumes that no entire groups are suppressed)--not sure whether you are displaying the group headers or footers.

Then change your formula to:

whileprintingrecords;
numbervar cnt;
if remainder(cnt,2) = 0 then
crSilver else
crNoColor

-LB

Hi LB,

Tried what you mentioned above and all the rows are 'silver.'

I placed the variable statement in each visible group (both header and footer)in a text box. I then copied the formula in the Section Expert under the color tab for the desired group.

Am I doing something wrong?

KJ

You don't need a text box. The {@cnt} formula belongs in each visible group section (header and footer) and you must also format each visible section with the color formula in the section expert. I just tested this, and it worked.

-LB

LB

Just a little slow here on this Monday - must account for the long weekend I took.

Worked beautifully after moving the text box (my duh) to a formula.

Thank you for your assistance and patience on helping me through this.

regards,

KJ

Interesting solution Lbass, thanks for posting it. I've had the same problem in the past and hadn't thought of this. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back