Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Greater than sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrow66

Programmer
Sep 3, 2002
US
Any ideas on how to print or show greater than equal to sign. I do not mean >=. I mean greater than > and the equal to sign is -. Then minus sign needs to be below the greater than sign.

Thanks in advance.

That symbol is Unicode(hex) character code 2265.

I have no clue how to use unicode, but maybe that will start you in the right direction.

Thanks. I actual want to use UNICODE.But I do not know how.

From the VB help:

The ChrB function is used with byte data contained in a String. Instead of returning a character, which may be one or two bytes, ChrB always returns a single byte. The ChrW function returns a String containing the Unicode character except on platforms where Unicode is not supported, in which case, the behavior is identical to the Chr function.

So, it looks like you need to use the ChrW( ) function with an integer value corresponding to your desired Unicode character. I'm on a Win 98SE machine right now (no Unicode) so all I get for ChrW(2265) is a "?" symbol.

If you are running NT 4.0 or later (Win2K, WinXP) I think this should work for you just fine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back