Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Great quote and play on words 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsdragon

Programmer
Dec 18, 2000
US
I found this amongst a selection of items in the Funny Times with the byline "Collected by M. D. Rosenberg". There was no other attribution.

"A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a workstation. What more can I say."

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

Sorry, Trevoke...my friend had that great sign custom made!
Thanks!
Elanor

We actually refer to PEBCAK errors in front of users. (Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard)

Where I work, they're known as "Problems with the C2K Interface."

-------------------------
Just call me Captain Awesome.

we say: "this is a layer 8 problem (OSI): chair-keyboard interface".

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

Also called the PEBKAC or PICNIC error:

Problem
Exists
Between
Keyboard
And
Chair

Or

Problem
In
Chair
Not
In
Computer

[smile]

Gez

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all

Thanks for those links. I think I'm going to be visiting The Register regularly. Quite entertaining.

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

If at first you don't succeed, try skydiving.

one of the newest ones i've seen and one of the best

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

johnpoole said:
If at first you don't succeed, try skydiving.

Almost 7.30 p.m. and I'm still in the office... Yep, I think that I will start suggesting that saying to those who are the reason for me being here at this time... [flame]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am not young enough to know everything."
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Darn this made me laugh this morning, and I really needed it.

I had the 5 Phases of a Project in my office for a long time. Yes, to many it's 6 Phases of a Project, but we never got to the last one. At that point you were sucked in by the black hole of the project.

I love the sound of deadlines as they whooosh by.

Douglas Adams.

I think someone on Tek-Tips has a variation on the skydiving one in their sig: "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's not for you.

A cubicle sign that I've had up in the past (albeit, not where many could see it):

We the willing, lead by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

2 of my favorites, that are similar to the ones elanor posted:

1) Obviously you have mistaken me for someone who gives a s**t.

2) I am evil, and must be destroyed

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Hi,
I have one of those demotivation posters hanging in my cubicle:

IRRESPONSIBILITY

No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood

Sometimes I feel surrounded by raindrops...

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Speaking of demotivational posters, check out this site:

[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.despair.com/[/url]

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back