Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Great Plains Test Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

gapch91

Technical User
Mar 16, 2005
US
Hello,
Does anyone know if there's away to set up Great Plain's test company- "The World Online" in FRX.

I am creating a new chart of accounts in Great Plains and will be creating new financial statements in FRX. Before entering live data I would like to test my information using the World Online and would like FRX to pull the "The World Online's" general ledger transactions, to get an idea as to what the new statements will look like is this possible?

Does this make sense- help please.

Go to Company > Information > New and enter TWO as the company code.

Under the System Specific Information table select your server and then type DYNAMICS as the Great Plains sytem database and then type in TWO as the company database and save.

Thanks!
Barb E.

Thanks Barbola-

I completed the steps you gave me, now I find that when I go to select the TWO as my default company- a box pops up that says "Try again" "yes" or "no". Once I select yes and enter my frx password, it does not accept it. I tried entering my Great Plains login information, but then FRX locks up- am I missing a step somewhere?

Thanks-
Shena

Since you chose the DYNAMICS database as the Great Plains in FRX, your live company login will not work for your "2" Spec set. You will have to use a login for the DYNAMICS database. I hope this helps.

Kevin

Also double check that TWO is the name of the database and not TWOINC or something like that.

Thanks!
Barb E.

Thanks Kevin and Barb for your help.
I had to change the name from TWOL to TWO in order to get FRX to read the correct company information.

I haven't tested to see if my mock data will come over yet but I'm on my way!

Thanks again.

Shena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back