Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Great Plains Payment Misapplication

Status
Not open for further replies.

katies

Technical User
Oct 22, 2008
US
I have two vendor ID's for the same company, one contract and one non-contract, and I have applied an invoice against the wrong one and isssued payment; is there a way I can move the invoice to the correct vendor ID without first voiding the payment?

Howzit - this is certainly valid for GP9.0

Fully applied documents will not appear in the applied documents window in the PL. This is because documents behave differently in the PL to the SL. In SL documents only go to history once they are fully applied and the paid transaction removal routine has been run , this means that fully applied document may remain in open till the routine has been run thus they can be seen in the apply window.

The PL on the other had automaticly goes to history as soon as it is fully applied there fore there should be no fully applied documents hanging around in open to be viewed in the apply window.

To unapply on the PL you have to void one side of the entry in history . Transactions-->purchasing-->void historical.

If you void the payment the invoice will go back to open and you should then be able to re apply it.

Take it Easy
Man with one chopstick go hungry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back