Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Great Plains GL Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorelee

Vendor
Dec 18, 2013
US
Hi,
I'm a new user with Great Plains and am having a great deal of difficulty thusfar. Can anyone guide me to look where entries are defaulted to in the GL? As an example, an employee has a garnishment which has been deducted from their payroll check. The amount is not in the garnishments GL account so I need to know how to search to find out where this amount settles to in the GL. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. We are a very small company on a very tight budget and cannot afford help from Microsoft.

Lorelee,

Is your example for Canadian or US payroll? I suspect that they are quite different in their setup. I have never used US payroll, but have experience with the Canadian module.

In any case, you might be able to tell where the funds went by reviewing the payroll posting journals from your last payroll run.

Lyle
----
"For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Good Morning Lyle,

Thank you for your reply. It is in fact for US Payroll. I reviewed the posting journals, but unfortunately the journal indicated the total amount only. I need the breakdown of all entries into the GL account number. I suspect that our medical 125 and our IRA 125 account is being lumped together. Although the end result for the 125 account will reflect correct dollars, there is no separation, and thus, it will be difficult to allocate IRA dollars.

Lorelee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back